Sunday, July 29, 2007

I got Simpsonized, among Other things


Though I haven't seen the movie, in the midst of this pregnancy "debacle", I managed to get simpsonized. How odd that I was looking for a stiff big, with child, preggers simpsonized body. This was all I managed to muster up. A defensive stance simpsonized me...perhaps this pose minimizes my little belly...it does look like I"m hiding something.
Anyhooters, what a quick weekend. My new pregnancy dope makes me extremely sleepy but I had to find that out after a 3 hour sleep stupor-coma. I rationalized enough to start taking it at night.
  • Had a bout with gas.
  • Had a bout with nausea.
  • Had a nightmare where an old woman with purple-red eyes told me to beware of Richard Werewolf. Whatever that means...
  • The usual.
Got some lower back pain right now from doing laundry...perhaps God is punishing me for doing chores on the Westernized Sabbath. Even my Grandmother chided me for working...swore that I wouldn't have made it in her time. "Gal, you expecting. You don't wash no damn clothes on no Sunday. You should've did it yesterday. In my day...Let me tell you...We had washboards." She fell into a hush so that the seriousness of that word would wash over me...literally and figuratively.
But today was a good day. This magical moment with my Granny was not a random one. Today was her 78th birthday and my mother and aunts gave her big dinner. It was nice and filling. I think the Bourgie Baby enjoyed it because I haven't been nauseous or dizzy all day.
This anticlimactic weekend and my entire summer is waning in these last moments...I start work tomorrow. New job. New environment. Lil Bug is quiet as kept until I can't hide it any longer. Hopefully I can keep my newly profound gas, nausea, and appetite under control for so long. At least I got the entire 1st trimester out of the way during my vacation.
Besides that, I'll be sending my old job the lyrics of Fantasia's "Two Weeks Notice",
signed mdgg and Lil Bourgie Bug



The love that me and you shared expired

So there will be no renewing our contracts
And I aint got nothing since I've been hired
So I cant take you back
I done gave love and aint got no commission
So give me one reason why I should stay here
I thought compared to all the other [jobs] you were different
But I cried the same old tears
I cant take it, I cant do it no

[Chorus:]
This is my two week notice
I resign my position because
You aint treating me right
I been working on the job
Just busting my ass
Pleasing you everyday and night
I get no raises or no benefits
You stay with this establishment
Im gone, this is my two week notice

mdgg

No comments: